In April and throughout the year, we encourage communities, individuals and organizations to play a role in making Vermont a place where children are safe and families thrive.
We can all do our part to support parents, strengthen families and help prevent child abuse!
- Visit our Abuse Prevention Page to learn what you can do: https://dcf.vermont.gov/prevention
- Visit our Resource Page to find resources for parents & caregivers: https://dcf.vermont.gov/resources
- Visit our Benefits Page to learn about programs that can help you meet your basic needs: https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits
Follow the links below to learn about specific programs and services.
HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE:
If your family needs child care and you meet income guidelines, you may qualify. A family of four can earn up to $6,275 per month and qualify. https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/ccfap
HELP PUTTING FOOD ON YOUR TABLE:
If you meet income guidelines, you may be eligible for a monthly benefit you can use to buy food and your school-age children may qualify for free meals at school. https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/3SquaresVT
HELP FINDING A GOOD PAYING JOB:
- If you get 3SquaresVT, you qualify for help through the Individual Career Advancement Network (ICAN). This includes help to conduct job searches, connect to employers who are hiring, enhance your job finding skills and more. https://dcf.vermont.gov/benefits/ICAN
- If you are the custodial parent or guardian of a child under 14, you may be eligible for help finding a good paying job in Vermont's manufacturing sector through the Strengthening Working Families Initiative (SWFI). https://dcf.vermont.gov/dcf-blog/4/8/19
HELP WITH CHILD SUPPORT:
The Office of Child Support can help you get and pay child support, get a court order updated if things change and help make sure the court order is doable and fair. We can also help you find and keep a good paying job so you can meet your child support obligations. Services are free if you apply! Get an application at https://dcf.vermont.gov/ocs/parents/application or by calling 1-800-786-3214.
BEING THE BEST PARENT YOU CAN BE INVOLVES TAKING STEPS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR FAMILY AND FINDING SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!