Public Shuttle Buses
- for everyone
- schedule and rider info at https://actr-vt.org/ Printed pamphlets also available.
Elderly and Disabled Dial-A-Ride program.
- for those aged 60 or older, or living with an ADA disability
- 6 free door-to-door trips each calendar month that may be used for medical appointments, shopping and other necessary appointments. Free rides to cardiac rehab, cancer treatment and dialysis are unlimited. Free rides to senior meals do not count against monthly ride allowance.
Medicaid Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
- for those with Medicaid coverage that includes transportation benefits
- It’s important that people call us now to complete eligibility requirements so that rides may be scheduled as soon as needed. Once eligibility has been verified, unlimited medical/dental/vision/pharmacy/counselling trips are provided.
- for people who qualify for Medicaid but have a car
- Medicaid helps defray transportation costs (currently 18 cents per mile) if 50 medical miles in one week or 215 in a month. Can’t be retroactive, contact ACTR now to complete eligibility requirements and notify ACTR before each appointment.
- for foster parents or others with special circumstance approved by DVHA
- Unlimited medical/dental/vision/pharmacy/counselling transportation reimbursement at the GSA federal rate (currently 54.5 cents/mile). Contact ACTR now to complete eligibility requirements and notify ACTR before each appointment.