SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- The Maintenance Technician will perform all routine maintenance and repairs under the supervision of the Director of Property Management (DPM).
- Additionally, this individual will keep maintenance and repair records of their activities using a computerized work order and time management system to permit the Management Team to determine that his/her property maintenance goals are being met and his/her efficiency of operations is being maintained.
- This position requires availability take calls for after-hour emergency response.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs at ACCT-managed buildings and sites. This will involve, but is not limited to, carpentry, minor plumbing, drywall repair, painting, hardware, cleaning, and snow shoveling.
- Assist DPM with site-related visits such as obtaining certificates of occupancy.
- Use computerized work order system to document and track progress and work completed. Work within budget to cover repair and maintenance expenses.
- Carry cell-phone to facilitate communication during day, and address emergencies after hours when on-call.
- Complete other responsibilities as appropriate and as assigned by the DPM
Terms of Employment:
This Maintenance Technician position is full-time and hourly including health insurance, vacation, sick, personal and holidays. The position has a Non-Exempt status. This position requires routine after-hours availability. An individual in this position is hired and supervised by the DPM
- Self Starter: Must be able to work independently in an environment of significant responsibility, autonomy, and competing priorities. Must define tasks and their priorities. Efficient use of time, organization and attention to detail are essential.
- Pride in Work/Personal Accountability: Must be self-motivated to accomplish high quality and timely work. High standards of craftsmanship and professionalism should be innate. Individual must be receptive to measurement and being held accountable to operating benchmarks.
- Communicator: Must be effective at verbal communication and comfortable interacting with a broad array of parties whose interests sometimes differ and conflict. Sensitivity to audience, clarity, brevity and ability to articulate what is needed are necessary.
- Respect and compassion for the people we serve are paramount.
- Mechanical Skills: Experience with construction essential; Property maintenance experience is desirable. Good problem solving/diagnostic skills. Possess the experience and have the physical ability is necessary move appliances & lift up to 100Ibs up or down stairs
- Technical skills: Must have basic computer skills to be able to use company databases to monitor and document field work and recording of time. Must be comfortable with office equipment (including copier, fax, computers, etc.).
High school diploma or equivalent necessary. On-the-job experience with construction and/or property maintenance. Must have own truck or other vehicle suitable to construction activity, valid driver’s license, and provide certificate of auto insurance. Must own and use own hand tools.
Cover letter & resume to: PO Box 156 Vergennes, VT 05491 or email Colby. Equal Opportunity Employer.